Mazda Sales (Thailand) Co., Ltd. has announced a record-breaking performance during the first 6 months of 2018 with sales of 33,593 units, achieving growth of more than 41 per cent.
Mazda’s historic achievement is result of an improving Thai economy and an automobile market than is expected to exceed 1 million units this year. For 2018, the company has also raised its annual sales target by 27 per cent to 65,000 units.
Mr. Chanchai Trakarnudomsuk, President of Mazda Sales (Thailand) Co. Ltd., said last year Mazda sold a total of 51,355 vehicles in Thailand, achieving growth of 21 per cent while the company’s market share reached 5.9 per cent. “It was higher than our expectations,” he said.
“During the first 6 months of 2017, we sold 23,893 vehicles and had a 5.8-per cent market share. But during the first 6 months of this year, we have already sold 33,593 units and grew by 41 per cent and market share reached 6.9 per cent.”
The breakdowns of model sales are as follows. Mazda2 remains highly popular in the market with sales of 21,741 units, growing by 52 per cent and claiming the No.1 position in the small car segment
- Mazda CX-5 4,399 units 179% growth
- Mazda BT-50 PRO 3,254 units 5% growth
- Mazda3 2,621 units 2% decrease
- Mazda CX-3 1,562 units 30% decrease
- Mazda MX-5 16 units 60% growth
After achieving the dramatic sales success during the first half of 2018, Mazda is preparing a full offensive strategy for the second half of the year. The company has announced its policy in achieving sustainable success
by means of working as a team under Thai management covering all areas including sales strategy, after sales quality and standard enhancement, as well as maintaining a bold and unique marketing direction.
With growing sales expected during the remaining part of the year, after sales quality is an important factor that will help Mazda win over the hearts of its customers.
Mazda announces 4 strategies for growth during the second half of 2018
One Mazda strategy is the turning point that makes Mazda a brand with high popularity and sustainable growth in Thailand.
It includes thinking out of the box and the courage to be different particularly in terms of technology development and engineering.
Having the customer as the center of attention, understanding their needs and behavior in detail, from production to the customer stage, in order to give them the best possible experience.
The Mazda Building Block strategy is used to determine the direction in systematically develops future technologies. The latest technologies are used to create the highest level of benefits for the environment, energy conservation and developing the production sector, in addition to carrying out a closely-knit distribution business.
While the dealers make direct contact with customers for sales and after sales, Mazda Sales (Thailand) makes sure the “One Mazda” policy is carried out along with strong support from Mazda Motor Corporation.
Sales strategy is an important factor that helps Mazda to achieve its targets. In order for Mazda to develop its sales performance, it first needs to locate target customer groups. Apart from showrooms, on-location marketing events, along with online activities are important contributors.
They include the following:
- Showroom and shopping center events help establish closer relationships with customers. The showroom events are called “Mazda Next Experience”
while shopping center events are named “Mazda SKYACTIV Festival” in order to differentiate the activities for different customer groups. Both activities are held every month and expanded to cover all areas in Bangkok and upcountry.
- Sales promotion at big motor sales events, which consists of 5 major auto shows every year. They include the Bangkok International Motor Show, FAST Auto Show, Bangkok Auto Salon, BIG Motor Sales and the Thailand International Motor Expo.
There are also local motor shows in the provinces as well as mini motor shows in department stores, and annual fairs such as the Red Cross Fair.
- Introducing the new Mazda Corporate Identity (MCI) has been 50 per cent completed countrywide (62 showrooms) and the target for this year is 90 per cent. All Mazda showrooms will carry the new MCI within the 2019 fiscal year.
Mazda presently has 134 showrooms with a goal to reach 140 showrooms by the end of this year. We plan to open 5 new showrooms in Bangkok and upcountry in the near future.
3. Customer care strategy is something that Mazda has given priority to all along, by creating a single, high standard for after sales services all over the country. Mazda’s intention is to take good care of our customers throughout the vehicle ownership period.
During the second half of this year, Mazda plans to launch the Mazda ACTIV Service program derived from our “Feel the Passion” concept. It clearly reflects the “passion” in our products and services.
The MAZDA ACTIV SERVICE program has a variety of benefits such as:
- Mazda Premium Insurance, a first-class car insurance policy especially tailored for Mazda customers.
- Mazda Care is a maintenance and inspection program that covers labor, parts and fluid costs, offering customers peace of mind.
- Mazda Added Protection is a warranty-extension program after the standard 3-year offer expires. Customers can choose as much as 5-year warranty covering mechanical and electrical parts.
- Mazda Genuine Parts have been specially designed for Mazda vehicles offering the highest level of quality, safety and durability.
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance offered by Mazda around the clock covering all routes. The program has been designed to offer all Mazda customers safe and worry-free motoring in Thailand.
4. Marketing strategy Mr. Thee Permpongpanth, Vice President of Marketing and Government Affairs, said Mazda will step into high gear during the second half of 2018.
“We will go ahead at full steam with a different kind of marketing strategy, whether in terms of sales promotion, organizing roadshows in Bangkok and upcountry, online marketing activities and new model launches including the new Mazda CX-3 Model Year 2018 on July 20.
In addition Mazda will concentrate in continuously improving our after sales service capability in order to secure our customers,” he said.
Mr. Thee said customer behavior has changed dramatically in the present day, and more Thai customers are being engaged in online purchasing. “The obvious reason is convenience but there is also the price factor, product variety and privacy,” he said.
“Today consumers are capable of easily obtaining information regarding products and vendors on the internet. Products mostly range from small items to medium-sized ones, but presently large items such as automobiles are being purchased online as well.”
In addition, this year Mazda is planning to take Thai motoring journalists on an adventurous driving trip never carried out before in Scandinavia. The Mazda caravan would consist of the Mazda2, Mazda3 and Mazda CX-3, and go through challenging routes and terrain, plus freezing weather conditions.
The “Mazda Passion Drive to the New Horizon” caravan will take members to the Scandinavian region in September, covering as much as 6,000 kilometers.
With the plans all in place and capable Mazda management ready to carry out another strong performance during the second half of this year, Mazda hopes to further expand its presence in the Thai automobile market and grow sales further.